Hello, My name is Bethany and I'm a Yarn Addict. I've struggled with/enjoyed my addiction for 20 + years. I'm on about the 12th step of my pattern and I have no intention of kicking the habit. I have a large stash (of yarn) and I've been known to share (knitting) needles. My Fiber of choice is lace. Yes, I am a yarn addict, and this is my story...

Monday, February 21, 2011

Return of the Steampunk Capelet!

Well, I was addicted to the little orange capelet I had concocted a while ago, and decided it was time to make a more practical one I could wear more often.  I am, of course, under the strong conviction that more people should wear more capes, more often.

So I went rummaging through my stash, and after a few days (yes, sadly, sometimes it DOES take that long to go through it!)  I found some fluffy black yarn that would suit.

The first time I made this pattern I altered it by adding more stitches to the body work, therefore increasing the length to just above the elbows:



This time I decided to give it a go according to pattern, creating a smaller version of a shoulder wrap, kind of a gothic-y Victorian collar appearance:




Sorry there are no pictures of the front of this project.  I had been working a busy work week, up late doing chores and projects at home.  There was much more effort put into the appearance of the project rather than the appearance of the wearer when these photographs were taken.  Deal with it =)

1 comment: