Hello, My name is Bethany and I'm a Yarn Addict. I've struggled with/enjoyed my addiction for 20 + years. I'm on about the 12th step of my pattern and I have no intention of kicking the habit. I have a large stash (of yarn) and I've been known to share (knitting) needles. My Fiber of choice is lace. Yes, I am a yarn addict, and this is my story...

Sunday, October 23, 2011

Painting The Roses Red

It's been so long since I last posted....almost 10 projects have come and gone and apparently I've been either too busy or too lazy to take the time to show the latest work....

Since my last post was about the Alice in Wonderland Swap I'm a part of (and now the Moderator of, on Ravelry.com!) I guess I'll pick up where I left off and write about the latest swap and installation in my "Alice" knit series.


This (well, September's) Swap's theme was 'The Deck of Cards'.   I kind of ran into a brick wall with this one because I figured, If people weren't rally into card motifs, or playing poker, any intricately patterned knitwear I made would probably go unused.  My swap partner told me she liked hats, and particularly whimsical designs, so I decided to go a bit out there.

I decided to go with The Cards' most notable past time in the book and  made a giant red rose headband out of wool to keep her ears warm in the winter.  Also included in her package were napkins, cards, swizzle sticks, a mug, some candies and pens, all with a playing card motif, a copy of Alice In Wonderland with Alice being attacked by cards on the cover, some card motif patches and buttons, a red satin rose brooch and a pendant depicting the cards painting a rose bush =)


A really poor picture of me modeling the headband    












No comments:

Post a Comment