Hello, My name is Bethany and I'm a Yarn Addict. I've struggled with/enjoyed my addiction for 20 + years. I'm on about the 12th step of my pattern and I have no intention of kicking the habit. I have a large stash (of yarn) and I've been known to share (knitting) needles. My Fiber of choice is lace. Yes, I am a yarn addict, and this is my story...

Monday, May 30, 2011

Late for a Very Important Date!

As most of my friends know, I'm kind of, sort of, a little enamored with Alice in Wonderland.  (Yes, I can hear the sarcastic  "Oh, Reaaaaaaallllly"'s even over the internet.  Thanks.)  I knew it was only a matter of time before my obsession with Lewis Carroll's perky little heroine and my obsession with all things knitty came together in a massive collision of fiction and fibers, therefore I joined an AAIW swap group.  Hey, at least now I can justify merging two infatuations AND kick my butt into finishing projects that may have previously lingered on my needles for far too long.

Anyways...

This month's theme was "The White Rabbit".  The general rules are that you have to spend less than $35.00, and at least ONE of the items in the care package from swapper to swappee was hand knit or crocheted.  Here's what I came up with:
 Sorry for the poor quality photo.  Now you know why my blog is about knitting rather than about photography.  There's a stuffed White Rabbit, a pair of Rainbow-dyed birch needles from Knit Picks Harmony Line, an Alice and White Rabbit notebook and a White Rabbit Pen.  The hand knit White Rabbit themed project proved to be a more challenging feat, but here's what I came up with:


I thought the Cowl's lace pattern was vaguely reminiscent of rabbit tracks, and that was about as close to the theme that this project appeared.  I knit this quick little project with  size 8 needles, out of Cascade Yarns "Cloud 9" yarn in white, 50 % Merino, 50% Angora.  Hopefully the recipient doesn't mind that it was made OUT OF white rabbit...

No comments:

Post a Comment